Thursday, March 4, 2010

Week Eight Blog

Here is the question that I am going over in my mind:

What, for you, is the most important design element(s) that an online editor must keep in mind?

One of the first elements that I believe is important is being creative. I know it is a little cliche but it is really important, there are some people that are just not creative and don't think outside the box. I think that when designing you need to make the space yours and have it speak that this is from you and only you. And most of the time this is the hardest way to go and to explore. You also need to explore design elements that have worked for others. But I am not saying you should still ideas from them but use their ideas to incorporate yours. You need to be able to get people's attention, the internet is widely used but if you don't have something that leaps out from the page, people are just going to by past your site. But I also think that are online magazine is doing one thing that will catch people's eye and that is having four groups come up with different ideas. I think that this will help people who visit our website choose which design they like and grab their attention. So I think that we as a group are going in the right direction and using a very useful design element.

No comments:

Post a Comment