Thursday, February 11, 2010

Different and Interesting

I really enjoyed this website and I thought it brought alot of truth and meaning to many problems that are occuring around the country. I spent most of my time looking through the gallery of Day 5 which was about migrant workers. I thought it brought up some great issues and it reminded me of a friend I used to work in El Paso. He used to be one of those people working everyday in the hot sun illegaly. Getting paid next to nothing and doing some hard labor and when they were done with one crop they would go to the next. He has his citizenship now but it was a long process. He was one of the hardest workers I have ever met. So I think this website and what Chris McgREAL is doing is important and new. It rings true and it is interesting to watch and I feel it is something new because you are able be with him on this journey. I felt like I could understand what was taking place and happening. The only limitation is that we cant be there with them in person. But I felt that it was very unique and I liked it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked the story. I know we raised some real and valid concerns in our classroom discussion, but I agree with you that there is a power in "seeing" this story. It allows us to hear and see others' stories for ourselves. I'd be thrilled if we ended up with something like this in Din.

    ReplyDelete